As part of our mission to educate and prepare young women for life, we are committed to assisting families in their efforts to afford a Regina Dominican education for their daughters. With the generous support of donors and alumnae, we strive toward meeting the demonstrated financial need of our students through our Tuition Assistance and Scholarship programs.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance is awarded annually based on an evaluation of each applicant family’s financial situation. It is our expectation that every Regina Dominican family will take the responsibility of tuition payment seriously and will pay as much of the annual tuition as possible. Despite these efforts, we know that not all families can afford full tuition. In these cases, we offer financial assistance in the form of Regina Dominican Tuition Assistance.
ALL families that wish to be considered for Regina Dominican Tuition Assistance MUST apply through FACTS Grant & Aid, our financial aid processing partner. The application is made through an online application that includes:
- · Family financial information including income, expenses, assets, and liabilities
- · 2016 Federal tax return (due with application by January 15, 2018)
- · 2017 W-2s (due no later than February 5, 2018)
- · A $25 processing fee paid online
Note: When evaluating applications, we take into consideration a family’s annual income, assets and liabilities, household size, tuition being paid for all family members, any other special circumstances. FACTS Grant & Aid only assists Regina Dominican in analyzing all applications. It is NOT a source of financial aid nor does it determine financial assistance awards. All award decisions are made after a personalized review of each application by Regina Dominican.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
- October 15, 2017 – FACTS Grant & Aid applications open
- January 15, 2018 – FACTS Grant & Aid application deadline for priority consideration
- January 15, 2018 – Deadline for all scholarship applications
- Early February 2018 – Financial aid award notifications will be e-mailed to freshman families (including those families with returning students) before Freshman Registration.
- February 5, 2018 – Deadline for submitting 2017 W-2s
- February 21, 2018 and February 27, 2018 – Freshman registration
- March 26, 2018 – Financial aid award notifications will be e-mailed to families of returning students.
Please note that the Priority Deadline of January 15, 2018 is firm. Applications received after January 15, 2018 will only be considered after the applications received before the Priority Deadline have been processed and if funds are available.
The program is called the Invest in Kids Scholarship program. Regina Dominican and the Archdiocese of Chicago is directing families to apply through Empower Illinois, a non-profit scholarship granting organization.
How Does this New Program Work?
Empower Illinois will receive donations from corporate and individual donors. The donors will receive an attractive credit on their Illinois state taxes for contributing to Empower Illinois.
Empower Illinois will then use the donations to grant scholarships to elementary and high school students enrolled in private schools whose families meet certain income eligibility requirements. The program will begin with the 2018-2019 school year.
Is My Family Eligible to Apply?
The program is designed to assist families with one or more children attending private elementary and high schools in Illinois. Please click here to view income guidelines and see if your family may be eligible to apply. You can apply for all of your children even if they have not yet been accepted into a private school.
How Do I Apply?
Click here to go to Empower Illinois’ website and learn about application requirements. Applications will include:
- · Copy of your 2016 federal tax return
- · Proof of residency (current utility bill or current Illinois driver’s license)
Empower Illinois will begin accepting scholarship application reservations on Tuesday, February 27, at 7 PM.
Do I Need to Submit a FACTS Grant & Aid Application if I am Applying to Empower Illinois?
YES! All students wishing to be considered for financial aid from Regina Dominican MUST apply through FACTS Grant & Aid by January 15, 2018.
The FACTS Grant & Aid application will ask if you are applying for other scholarships. Please designate that you will be applying for an Invest in Kids (Tax Credit Funded) Scholarship.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/QUESTIONS
Contact: Suzanne Lefevre, Vice President of Finance and Operations
Phone: (847) 256-7660, ext. 229 Email: email@example.com
Patricia Astor Gomez Foundation Scholarship
The Patricia Astor Gomez Foundation Scholarship is open to all Regina Dominican students with demonstrated financial need. All applicants must complete a FACTS Grant & Aid application and the Patricia Astor Gomez Foundation Scholarship application. DEADLINE for all applications and required recommendations was January 15, 2018.
St. Catherine of Siena Merit Scholarships are offered to incoming freshmen who take the High School Entrance Examination at Regina Dominican on December 2, 2017. Those students with the highest Entrance Examinations Scores will be awarded one of six four-year partial tuition scholarships. Students awarded merit scholarships are required to maintain a B average and be in good disciplinary standing. A separate application is not required.
- S. Joan Marie Meidinger, O.P. Award (one award)
- This scholarship, equal to 25 percent of annual tuition, was established in 2001 by the alumni of Bishop Quarter Junior Military Academy, a school sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Congregation, to honor S. Joan Meidinger, OP. This scholarship is awarded to the student who receives the highest composite score on the entrance exam (HSPT) administered at Regina Dominican on testing day.
- Betty Schayer Memorial Award (one award)
- This scholarship, equal to 25 percent of annual tuition, was established in 2003 in memory of Betty Schayer who grew up in Wilmette. This scholarship is awarded to the student who receives the second highest composite score on the entrance exam (HSPT) administered at Regina Dominican on testing day.
- S. Ann Fallon, O.P. Leadership Award (four awards)
- This scholarship, equal to 20 percent of annual tuition, was established in 1988 to recognize S. Ann Fallon’s years of service to Regina Dominican as both Principal and President. This scholarship is awarded to the four students who earn the highest scores, (following the S. Joan Marie Meidinger and Betty Schayer Scholarship awardees) on the High School Placement Test (HSPT) basic skills portion of the test (English, Reading and Math) administered at Regina Dominican on testing day.
- Freshman Scholar Awards
- $1,000 awards for freshman year only
Leadership Institute Young Leaders Award
Regina Dominican offers $1,000 scholarships to two students who attend the Regina Dominican Young Leaders Workshop on November 14, 2017. These students must complete the Regina Dominican Young Leaders Scholarship application (given to Workshop attendees) and adhere to the deadlines given. This scholarship is for freshman year only.
Returning Student Scholarships are available to current Freshmen, Sophomore, and Junior Students. These scholarships are endowed by generous alumnae and benefactors of Regina Dominican and have different application requirements, including teacher recommendations. DEADLINE for all applications and required recommendations was January 15, 2018. Requests to teachers for letters of recommendation should be made no later than December 22, 2017. Applications and more information can be found below.
- PATRICIA ASTOR GOMEZ FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP – Multiple scholarships ($1,000 or more) for RISING SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS
- MARY ELIZABETH “LYZ” HEIRICH ’63 SCHOLARSHIP – $800 SCHOLARSHIP FOR RISING SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS AND SENIORS
- SISTER MARTINELLE BONNELL, OSF SCHOLARSHIP FOR LEADERS – $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR RISING JUNIORS AND SENIORS
- MARION O’CONNOR, OP LEGACY SCHOLARSHIP – $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR RISING JUNIORS AND SENIORS
- ELIZABETH ‘02 AND JACOB KOTECKI MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – $1,500 SCHOLARSHIP FOR RISING SENIORS
- MAUREEN BRANNEN ’83 SCHOLARSHIP – $7,500 SCHOLARSHIP for GRADUATING SENIORS
FOR MORE INFORMATION/QUESTIONS ABOUT RETURNING STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Contact: Mrs. Kathleen Maher ’80 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organizations listed below provide scholarships and other assistance to students wishing to attend Regina Dominican High School. Please contact the organizations directly for information about application requirements and deadlines. Scholarship decisions are made by these organizations and not by Regina Dominican.
Organizations that Offer Partner Scholarships
Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund provides high school scholarship assistance and educational support to Chicago students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. www.dmsf.org APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 20, 2017
HFS Chicago is a 4-year program assisting economically disadvantaged Chicago high school students who show academic and leadership promise. The program includes tuition assistance, mentoring, college visits, and college admissions support. www.hfschicagoscholars.com APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2017
Link Unlimited Foundation provides educational college preparatory opportunities for economically disadvantaged African-American high school youth. For more information, go to www.linkunlimited.org APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 17, 2017
Boys Hope/Girls Hope of Illinois is a residential and academic program serving middle through high school students. Room, board, tuition, and summer activities are provided. CONTACT Boys Hope/Girls Hope directly for more information. www.boyshopegirlshope.org/illinois APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 22, 2017
HighSight provides scholarships, tutoring, mentoring, leadership development and college readiness programs to enable its students to attend and succeed at the private high school of their choice. www.highsight.org APPLICATIONS OPEN December 2017.
The Madonna Foundation provides tuition grants and academic support to young women with significant financial need attending all-girl Catholic high schools in the Chicago area. www.madonnascholars.org APPLICATIONS OPEN March 1, 2018 and CLOSE March 31, 2018.
Big Shoulders Fund offers many types of scholarships. www.bigshouldersfund.org CONTACT your Catholic elementary school principal for more information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/QUESTIONS
Contact: Suzanne Lefevre, Vice President of Finance and Operations
Phone: (847) 256-7660, ext. 229 Email: email@example.com