Regina Dominican is the all-girls, Catholic college preparatory high school that inspires young women to lead and serve.
We focus on helping girls excel by fostering academic excellence, creating an inclusive, friendly environment, and challenging each student to develop leadership for life. In addition to a private college preparatory education, we prepare our students for their future careers, relationships, and life.
Built on a Tradition of Women Leaders
For over 50 years, Regina Dominican has reinforced leadership and confidence in 9,800 plus women through a faith-based private high school education. As a result, alumnae can be found throughout the world working in a myriad of positions including CEOs, judges, attorneys, nurses, doctors, teachers, and mothers of future generations. The school is the alma mater of over 9,800 women.
The Adrian Dominican Sisters first came to Chicago in 1909 when small groups established themselves in St. James in Maywood Parish and Queen of Angels Parish in Chicago.
At the request of Cardinal Samuel Stritch, the Adrian Dominican Sisters established Regina Dominican High School in Wilmette to educate young women in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Its name was chosen in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Dominic, the founder of the Order of Preachers. The all-girls high school officially opened in September 1958. 64 sophomores and 200 freshmen were the first students to fill the halls of the school. S. Mary Kevin Campbell, O.P. oversaw the construction of Regina Dominican and became the first principal.
Regina Dominican has provided a Catholic, Dominican environment where young women develop spiritually, intellectually, culturally, and emotionally. The private school remains a place where young women create lasting memories, lifelong friendships, and irreplaceable experiences.
The Adrian Dominican Sisters: Committed to Educating the Whole Person
Regina Dominican is a sponsored institution of the Adrian Dominican Sisters. The Adrian Dominican Sisters are an international Congregation whose religious roots go back to St. Dominic of the 13th century. They are committed to preaching the Word of God and form faith-centered communities that further the values of the Gospels.
The Sisters minister in 25 states, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. They also serve in five countries: Canada, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, and Taiwan. Responsive to the “signs of the times,” they strive to address the needs of the world – to serve where they are called to go.
The Sisters’ ministries focus on the fields of education, healthcare and social work. Through this work, they continue the Dominican tradition of preaching by bringing prayer and religious study to their ministries. The sisters concentrate their efforts in areas such as education, law, social work, health care, pastoral ministry, music and art.
The Adrian Dominican Sister’s main campus (Motherhouse) is in Adrian, Michigan, in the Diocese of Lansing. Located on this campus are the Congregation’s administrative offices, Weber Retreat and Conference Center, the Dominican Life Center (a continuum of care for members of the Congregation) and Siena Heights University.