How to Apply as a Transfer Student
Regina Dominican is happy to accept applications from interested students who wish to transfer into our school. Senior transfer students are accepted only when a family move requires relocation to the Chicagoland area. The transfer process for the beginning of the school year must begin by August 1. Mid-year transfer requests must be made by November 30. All transfer inquiries must be initiated by the parent or guardian of the student. Please contact the admission office to schedule an appointment.
Applications must adhere to the following guidelines:
- A complete RD Student Parent General Application must be completed by the transfer student and her parents and sent to Regina Dominican.
- An unofficial transcript must be sent to Regina Dominican by the current school, attention to the office of the registrar, and may be faxed to 847.256.3726.
- A transfer student must be in good academic, disciplinary and attendance standing at her present school in order to be considered for admission.
- The Recommendation Form from the student’s current teacher or counselor must be signed and returned to Regina Dominican.
- The Attendance/Discipline Form and Athletic Eligibility Form must be completed by the student’s current school and sent to Regina Dominican.
- Transfer students are asked to complete a shadow day at Regina Dominican once all materials have been received and reviewed. Shadow days will be arranged through the admissions office.
- It may be necessary for a student to attend summer school in order to reach the required 26 credits in order to graduate with her class.
The academic dean, director of student services and the dean of student life will meet with the parent/guardian and student when considering acceptance. Acceptance is based on the interview, transcripts, recommendations and attendance/discipline records. All materials must be received prior to the interview.
Final transcripts will be required after an acceptance decision has been made. Final transcripts should be sent to Regina Dominican, attention to the office of the registrar. Final transcripts may not be faxed.
There is a $35 processing fee for a student who is seeking to transfer to Regina Dominican. This fee must be paid in advance.
Please send all information to
Attention: Office of the Registrar
701 Locust Road
Wilmette, IL 60091
847-256-7660 ext. 223
Fax # 847-256-3726
Regina Dominican offers all students the opportunity to apply for tuition assistance. Please visit the tuition assistance page for more information.